Aid to Artisans
Founded in 1976, Aid to Artisans (ATA) changes the lives of thousands of artisans each year through its empowering programs of product design, business skills training, and marketing. Historically, handmade crafts are legacies of cultural traditions. In developing countries, handcrafts continue to provide an important source of income, especially for women who have limited options and resources for productive employment.
Aid to Artisans is a nonprofit organization whose staff, design and business consultants, volunteers and an active board of directors helps handcraft-based businesses compete in the global marketplace. Our work is made possible by support from government institutions, foundations, corporations and individuals and by the participation of importers and retailers.
The Beaded Angels pictured to the right is just one example of the beautiful products they offer!Top
Every purchase of the handmade Bible Covers and Batik Jesus Fish pictured to the right, improves lives around the world! They are just two examples of many items we carry that come from a Mission based organization that works with artisans in underdeveloped countries to improve and enrich their lives. It is a nonprofit ministry that imports handcrafts from 31 countries of the world and markets them in the USA. When you make a purchase you:
- Assist over 2,000 women and men that live in poverty in providing for their families.
- Support missions while buying meaningful gifts for your family and friends.
These items are from a fair trade organization that seeks to ensure that artisans are paid and treated fairly.Top
The carved Onyx, and Olivewood items pictured above are from a Christian relief and development ministry committed to helping those living in extreme poverty.
The Ministry does three things:
- Provides relief to people in crisis, food, clothing, medicines, and other supplies are given to people in crisis for immediate and life threatening needs.
- Helps the poor produce a product they can sell. This program enables people to lift themselves out of poverty and provides food, clothing, health care and an education for their families.
- Empowers pastors and evangelists to share the love of Christ in poor communities. Poverty is not just about a lack of physical resources, but also about spiritual and emotional needs. The pastors we support expose the spiritual issues involved in poverty and may come to know the hope found in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
They offers beautiful products including hand carved onyx, Hand made wooden puzzle boxes, olivewood sculptures, and ornaments.